Workforce housing allows mid-income Houstonians the chance to live in quality, affordable homes near their jobs. To determine if Workforce Housing is right for you, you must qualify under specific income guidelines. Please review the application checklist below to apply.
The following will need to be provided in order to complete your application:
- App Fee $50 per applicant 18 and older
- Admin Fee $150
- Deposit $150-350 or up to one month's rent if conditionally approved
- Risk Fee $350 for 1st time renters or if conditionally approved
- Income restrictions: Must be 2.5 times the rent as well as no more than the listed amounts
- Eight (8) weeks of most recent consecutive paycheck stubs. And also the first pay stub of the year when GROSS and YTD amounts are the same.
- IRS form 1040 with schedule C for last 2 years (self-employed only).
- Social security award letter no more than 120 days old.
- Current statement of retirement or pension plan.
Child support verifications:
- Child Support Income Verification form from the attorney general (required whether you have received support \or not). Must not be more than 120 days old.
These documents are required to provide proof of eligibility for residency at Kingsland West. There may be additional items needed that relate to your specific situation. We appreciate your cooperation in providing this documentation in order to process your application quickly.